Your privacy is important to Scorelogix. This is why we are committed to the Scorelogix Privacy Promise for Consumers, which is as follows:
Scorelogix Privacy Promise for Consumers
While information is the cornerstone of our ability to provide superior service, our most important asset is our customers' trust. Keeping customer information secure, and using it only as our customers would want us to, is a top priority for all of us at Scorelogix. Here then, is our promise to our individual customers:
- We will safeguard, according to strict standards of security and confidentiality, any information our customers share with us.
- We will limit the collection and use of customer information to the minimum we require to deliver superior service to our customers, which includes advising our customers about our products, services and other opportunities, and to administer our business.
- We will permit only authorized employees, who are trained in the proper handling of customer information, to have access to that information. Employees who violate our Privacy Promise will be subject to our normal disciplinary process.
- We will not reveal customer information to any external organization unless we have previously informed the customer in disclosures or agreements, have been authorized by the customer, or are required by law.
- We will always maintain control over the confidentiality of our customer information. We may, however, facilitate relevant offers from reputable companies. These companies are not permitted to retain any customer information unless the customer has specifically expressed interest in their products or services.
- We will, at any time, accept customer's request to remove their names from our marketing lists.
- Whenever we hire other organizations to provide support services, we will require them to conform to our privacy standards and to allow us to audit them for compliance.
- For purposes of credit reporting, verification, scoring model research, new product development and risk management, we will exchange, provide or obtain information about our customers with reputable reference sources and clearinghouse services.
- We will attempt to keep customer files complete, up-to-date, and accurate. We will tell our customers how and where to conveniently access their account information (except when we're prohibited by law) and how to notify us about errors which we will promptly correct.
- We will continuously assess ourselves to ensure that customer privacy is respected. We will conduct our business in a manner that fulfills our Promise.
How We Use Customer Information
We collect personal information about customer from the following sources:
- Information we receive from customer, such as when customer registers for and orders the services we provide, whether alone or in conjunction with other companies (the "Services"), or such as when customer sends us e-mail, applications and other forms.
- Information about customer transactions with us, our affiliates and others.
- Information we receive from third parties, such as employment reporting agencies, consumer reporting agencies and companies that provide demographic information.
We use this information to provide customer the Services and support for the Services, as well as for various internal business purposes such as: customer service; product development; fraud prevention; providing customer information relating to the Services; and broadening and improving the services and products we can offer, either directly through us, our sites, or our affiliated parties.
Sharing and Disclosing Customer Information
We may share or disclose any and all of the information we collect, as described above, to the following types of unaffiliated third parties (companies that are not owned or controlled by us) for various business purposes, including marketing and joint business efforts for related and unrelated products and services:
- Employment services providers.
- Lending institutions and financial services providers, such as banks and mortgage lenders.
- Non-financial companies such as retailers, direct marketers and publishers.
- Companies that perform marketing services on our behalf and other financial institutions with which we have joint marketing agreements.
- Others, as permitted by law.
We may also disclose any and all of the information we collect to companies that are related to us by common ownership or affiliated with us by common control. We may disclose as described above whether customer is a consumer who purchases a one-time service, a customer with whom we have an ongoing relationship, or a former customer. We may disclose to third parties the employment and unemployment scores calculated in providing any Service without customer's prior specific approval. If Scorelogix is acquired by or merges with another company, information will be transferred to the acquiring company. Scorelogix will also share information in order to comply with the law, e.g., in response to subpoenas, to assert or defend legal claims, and in order to investigate or respond to actual or suspected illegal activities, fraud, and threats of physical harm.
Opt-in and Opt-out Choices
If customer prefers that we not disclose nonpublic personal information about customer, customer may opt out of such disclosures; that is, customer may direct us not to make these disclosures. Customer may also opt out if customer prefers that we not send customer offers regarding products and services. If customer exercises this opt out we will not send customer any product or service offers, except that we may, as part of the Services, tell customer about Scorelogix products that may be available to customer. Customer may exercise customer's right to opt out when customer registers for the Services by checking "No" in answer to the question in the order form regarding sharing of customer information. Customer may also exercise customer right to opt out any time by sending an email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that customer's decision to opt out will not apply to certain disclosures that are specifically permitted by law; for example, the Services cannot operate unless we transmit data to companies that help us provide the Services, such as by processing credit card charges. Customer's decision to opt out also will not apply to disclosures or communications to which customer consents.
Except for the disclosures and uses described above, we restrict access to nonpublic personal information about customer to those employees and companies that provide services and need to know that information to provide the Services to customer. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to guard customer's nonpublic personal information. Information customer provides to us when customer registers for and orders the Services is transmitted to us through a secured socket layer (SSL) transmission. In addition, information we collect is subject to numerous measures designed to help protect it from unauthorized access or alteration, including for example, internal and external firewalls, physical security measures, and encryption of certain information. Of course, customer must do customer's part to ensure the security of customer information; for example, customer must guard customer's password and not permit unauthorized use of customer's account. No security measures can provide absolute protection of data, but we will strive to provide a superior level of protection for customer information.To the extent that our Web sites contain links to other sites, we are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other sites.
Individuals and customers may contact us regarding any questions or concerns about our privacy policies and practices by email at: email@example.com